Hoxby is now a B CorpTM
USING BUSINESS AS A FORCE FOR GOOD.
October 1, 2020
Since our inception, Hoxby has been set up as a mission-led organisation with the goal of (yes, you’ve probably heard it before!) creating a happier, more fulfilled society through a world of work without bias.
Over the past five years, we’ve built an amazing community of Hoxbies around the world, all empowered to set their own workstyle while delivering refreshing work for incredible clients like Unilever, Merck and AIA, to name but a few. We’ve also done a lot of work on our mission, launching The Hoxby Foundation and running various initiatives such as Wellbeing Week and Inclusion Week.
But as we blew out the candles on our fifth birthday cake, we were curious as to exactly how far we’d come on delivering on our mission. Are we really creating a world of work without bias and in turn a happier, more fulfilled society for our Hoxbies, clients and wider community? We knew there was one way to find out – it was time to put our big kid pants on and embark on the journey to becoming a B Corp.
6 months and a lot of self-reflection later, we’re proud to tell you we’ve passed the mark! So what does it all mean – for us and for you?
Firstly, what is a B Corp?
Certified B Corps are committed to using business as a force for good by balancing purpose and profit, and being measured against the highest standards of social and environmental impact.
Globally, the B Corp movement is made up of over 3,500 businesses like Patagonia, Allbirds, Ben & Jerry’s and The Body Shop – all on a mission to redefine the role of business in society.
We’re incredibly excited to be part of this community – to learn from like-minded businesses and drive forward a better future together.
Delivering impact for Hoxbies, clients and the world
A key part of becoming a B Corp is to genuinely, and legally, commit to your mission as a business – daunting but incredibly exciting. Going through the certification process meant that we were challenged to truly measure our impact and set ambitious goals for the future.
For us at Hoxby that means digging deep into how we’re removing bias from the world of work to create more diverse, inclusive and fulfilling ways of working.
What this means for current and future Hoxbies:
- We’re committed to ensuring that our community is inclusive to all, regardless of your background.
- Your wellbeing, happiness and opportunity to thrive at work is our top priority.
What it means for our clients:
- By removing all forms of bias, we have assembled a globally diverse community of people and expertise beyond comparison. Our cognitive diversity elevates our collective intelligence making sure we always deliver refreshing work that solves your unique problems.
- We’d also love to share our experience of using business as a force for good, so if you’re interested in defining your purpose and delivering more impact, we’d love to talk!
What it means for our wider community:
- Workstyle is not just for Hoxbies – it’s for everyone. It’s why we started The Hoxby Foundation, and we’re excited to grow this movement and help more people around the world to work this way and live happier, more fulfilled lives. Watch this space.
Progress not perfection
This is just the beginning and most certainly doesn’t mean we’re perfect. Going through the B Corp certification process highlighted many areas for improvement across our business operations, from governance to environmental impact and we’re looking forward to sharing that journey with you over the coming months and years.
For now, we’re simply delighted to celebrate this milestone and can’t wait to do more to deliver on our mission.